University of California, Berkeley
UC Berkeley, the number one public university in the U.S. is located in Berkeley, California in the San Francisco Bay Area. As a top research institution, it has produced numerous Nobel Prize winners and is a vibrant college campus that cultivates independent and liberal thinking, making it an unique learning environment. Berkeley is also a place filled with entrepreneurial spirit and a plethora of academic and human resources. Immersed in this reputable haven for four weeks is the ideal choice to challenge and nurture young talented youth.The city of Berkeley is a 30-minute drive away from San Francisco and less than an hour away from San Jose, the heart of Silicon Valley. The entire Northern California metropolitan area is well known for its pleasant weather and top tourist destinations. It is also a preferred destination and treasure cove for young students pursuing education abroad.
- 107 Nobel laureates affiliated with UC Berkeley, including 34 alumni (graduates and students) and 40 faculty
- 117 Gold, 51 Silver, and 39 Bronze medals won by students and alumni in the Olympics
- Ranked world’s #1 public university, #4 overall by U.S. News (2018)
- Ranked #2 in Forbes America's Best Value Colleges (2018)
- Ranked #5 in the Academic Ranking of World Universities (2018)
- #1 in Chemistry
- #2 in Physics, Statistics and Materials Science & Engineering
- #3 in Biotechnology, Economics and Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Ranked #2 in Science & Engineering PhDs in Washington Monthly National Universities Ranking (2018)
- Among the Top Producers of Fulbright U.S. Scholars and Students
- More chemical elements of the periodic table discovered than any other university in the world: 16 so far
- Most National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship recipients (2010)
- One of the founding members of the Association of American Universities (AAU)
READ MORE ABOUT UC Berkeley HERE.
Graduate School of Education
The Graduate School of Education (GSE) at the University of California, Berkeley is home to a diverse group of students and faculty joined by their common interests in understanding and improving the complex world of education.
GSE provides and cultivates the very best in educational scholarship, innovation and professional leadership.
READ MORE ABOUT GSE HERE.
Academic Talent Development Program (ATDP)
ATDP of UC Berkeley, administrated by the Graduate School of Education, offers challenging summer classes to highly motivated young scholars and serves as a college preparation program for Grade 7 to 12 high school students. ATDP is officially integrated into the UC online college application platform and students' attending records are recognized as their additional academic history. In tandem with Berkeley's educational mission, ATDP embraces social development as a complement to the traditional academic learning by incorporating community service and outreach projects in its Global Programs, which aims to imbue global awareness and environmental consciousness in the students.
READ MORE ABOUT ATDP HERE.
ATDP Global Programs
ATDP Global Programs is a 4-week intensive summer program that is also packed with fun weekend activities and an atmosphere of camaraderie created by Berkeley's talented and versatile college students as both residential and academic counselors. Student alumni have expressed a strong sense of accomplishment and attachment to Berkeley. Upon their children's return home, parents have also observed them becoming more independent and self-driven with a clearer academic direction.
READ MORE ABOUT ATDP GP HERE.
CFM Educational Services is the official ATDP partner that administrates the residential program as well as the community service and outreach projects. ATDP students, domestic or international, who have residential needs are supported under the Global Programs. Berkeley ATDP and CFM also work together on Global Programs promotion and international recruitment.
Lawrence Hall of Science
The Lawrence Hall of Science is the country’s only science center that has an integral association with a top-tier public research university. In fact, it is internationally recognized for its innovative STEM educational programs with numerous awards, including:
- STEM Innovation Award (Silicon Valley Education Foundation)
- ON for Learning Award (Common Sense Media)
- Distinguished Achievement Award (Association of Educational Publishers)
READ MORE ABOUT THE LAWRENCE HALL OF SCIENCE HERE.
Bay Area Writing Project
The Bay Area Writing Project, based at the University of California, Berkeley, is an organization of, by, and for teachers of writing at all grade levels and in all disciplines, dedicated to improving the teaching and uses of writing through a variety of programs–both on the university campus and in the schools of the Bay Area.
READ MORE ABOUT BAY AREA WRITING PROJECT HERE.