The San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley
Silicon Valley is located in the southern region of the San Francisco Bay Area, the major metropolitan area in Northern California. It includes the well-known city of San Francisco located on the Peninsula, the city of Oakland, which is east of the Bay Bridge, and the city of San Jose in the heart of Silicon Valley. The population of Bay Area is over 7,000,000 and is one of the regions with the highest income. Large corporations such as Apple Computers, HP, Google, Yahoo, Intel, Cisco, Oracle, and Adobe rose to fame in the Silicon Valley. The San Francisco Bay Area has spring-like climate year round with warm Californian sunshine, romantic bay, historic Victorian-style architecture, and more, making it one of the most beautiful places in the world. Complemented with friendly and internationalized residents, the Bay Area is warm and welcoming to visitors from all over the world.
Accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), Ohlone College is a public two-year college serving the cities of Fremont and Newark, as well as parts of Union City.
Ohlone offers 61 associate degrees leading to university transfer or careers and over 100 vocational certificate programs that provide job skill training.
READ MORE ABOUT OHLONE COLLEGE HERE.
- Ranked #3 in the 2020 Best Community Colleges in the San Francisco Bay Area, and top 15% in the Best Community Colleges in America by Niche
- Located above the northern reaches of Silicon Valley and the southern border of San Francisco Bay, Ohlone's Fremont campus has 300 acres reserved for open space. Fremont is ranked The Happiest City in the US (2018) and #1 in Community and Environment Rank (2020) by WalletHub. The campus offers a peaceful and aesthetically pleasing learning environment.
- 40% of Transferred to UC System Admission Rate
- Most recently, 961 Ohlone students transferred to baccalaureate colleges and universities, including 548 students to California State University campuses, 243 students to University of California campuses, 49 students to in-state private colleges and universities, and 121 students to out-of-state colleges and universities
Fremont and Mission San Jose District
City of Fremont is located in the southeast section of the San Francisco Bay Area in the East Bay region primarily. It is the largest suburb in the metropolis and the closest East Bay city to the heart of Silicon Valley. Fremont is ranked among the nation’s very best communities to live, learn, work and raise a family. Fremont is also famous for Mission San Jose, one of the oldest of the historic Spanish missions in California, and the beautiful rolling hills of Mission Peak.
Mission San Jose District in the south side of the city is most culture rich and with high-achieving grade schools that are ranked very high academically in the nation. The excellent education offering in the district has been attractive to a high population of technology and engineering professionals and families with school-aged children.
Fremont Unified School District (FUSD), the public school system of Fremont, consists of five high schools, five middle schools, and 29 elementary schools.
Mission San Jose High School Highlights
- Mission San Jose High School (MSJHS) is the premier high school in Fremont Unified School District (FUSD) which is home to approximately 35,000 K-12 students.
- Top #90 in the Best US High School National Ranking in 2019 US News & World Report
- Top #24 STEM high school in 2019 US News & World Report
- 2014-2020 WASC full accreditation
- School Award:
- 1 California Gold Ribbon Schools Awards
- 3 National Blue Ribbon Schools Awards
- 5 California Distinguished Schools Awards
- Scholastic Excellence：
- Awards including National Lincoln Douglas Debates, National Science Bowl, National Oceanic Bowl
- National recognition by Siemens Westinghouse, Intel Science Talent Search competitions
- Total enrollment of 2,003 with a dropout rate of less than 1%
- The FUSD leader in average SAT scores with a Writing/Reading of 707, and Math of 730
- 88% of Advanced Placement (AP) participation rate
- 100% of graduates attend post-secondary schools with 95% attending four-year colleges/universities including all UC and CSU campuses
- 65 National Merit Finalists for the class of 2020
READ MORE ABOUT MSJHS HERE.